Thursday, November 27, 2008

Murphy's Law.....ever heard of it....

I have!!

So....what is today? Oh yeah, Thanksgiving. Right? What happens on Thanksgiving?....you eat. How do you prepare much of the food you eat?.....the oven, right?
Yeah well, my assignment for dinner today is the ham. No problem. Except that there *IS* a problem!! I was baking some fish last night for dinner. At the end of the baking time, I turned my oven to Broil to get a nice golden crispy finish to my parmesean crusted cod. Two minutes later, I go to take the fish out and turn off the oven, and it will NOT turn off of broil. I cannot get the knob to BUDGE. What is going on!? So I take the outer knob off and try to turn the post that sticks out....nope, not moving. I move to pliers....still NOT moving. Well after several minutes of trying and trying, I finally got the broiler off, but the oven is still on and set for 500 degrees.....knob still not wanting to turn. I kept trying to turn it down....I kept at it until......well, you guessed it.....I BROKE IT!! Now the knob turns alright.....and turns and turns and turns and never stops......and the oven is still on and set for some unknown temperature. It is still WAY to hot to touch, so I go OUTSIDE and flip the breaker so that it will cool down and Lennie can pull it out and look at it. SIGH.

We have no oven. Lennie took it apart this morning, and I am thinking this oven is heading to the dump. Looks like I am going to go to my moms EXTRA early for dinner tonight because I have to bake the ham there. Which means I miss my nap....which I need because I work tonight. Ah Well.....I am thinking it will be a slow night at work anyhow - maybe I'll even get cancelled (dare I even think it???).

One funny thing that happen amid all this.....Sadie - the ever-positive-look-on-the-bright-side wonderful girl she is, said to me "Well, mom....now we can get a BLACK so that it matches the fridge and the dishwasher". LOL, such a girl to think about that hee hee....but you know......she is right!!!!

4 comments:

James and Dixie Moore Family said...

That is something that would happen to me, too! Oh well, way to look on the bright side, and I hope you got a nap!

Anonymous said...

MAN that really stinks....But I agree with Sadie, now you can get matching ones. I hope your day ended better than it began;)

Mom/Grandma said...

By the way, the ham turned out to be awesome.

Kristine said...

DUDE! That is seroiusly not cool. Hope everything turned out okay... and hope you get a new matching one too ;)