Sunday, June 15, 2008

Chores, anyone?

This was the big challenge for the week at myscrapbooknook.com's contest....here was our challenge....
This is your assignment for the week.

I want you to create 3 pieces.
They must all be alike, but all different. I thought about giving an exact
example- but decided I'd rather see how this was interpreted

Choose a
theme for your week. Choose 3 different projects to follow that theme. The top 5
will get an extra 25 points this week. Everyone else gets 5 points.

The
top 5 will be judged not only on the awesomeness of the projects, but on how the
projects were varied, but still contained a single unifying theme
.
Oh my goodness!! What started out as a challenge that I NEVER thought I'd meet, has turned into something PERFECT, useful and much NEEDED for my family and my life right now!!! I am so excited!

I chose the theme of CHORES!!

My first item is an altered clipboard. This clipboard will hang in the kitchen on the side of the pantry. The kids will come here to get their chore assignments (they'll be hanging at the bottom of the clipboard - you'll see in a second). Hanging in the clip part of the clipboard will be a progress chart that will get tossed at the end of each week. Once the chores for the day are done, they get a sticker on the progress chart. At the end of the week, rewards will be given out based on how many stickers were recieved. Then I'll put up a new chart for the new week.

My next item are the chore cards. I got some sturdy plastic baseball card holders and scrapped "mini-layouts" to go inside each one. The inserts are about 2 3/4 inches by 3 1/2 inches. I used my anywhere hole punch to punch a hole in one corner so they can go on and off of a ring.

I made a name card for each of my children with "personal care" chores on the back. The other cards have the chores listed for each room of the house....the daily responsibilities on one side, and the weekly on the other. Each week, I can simply move the cards from ring to ring depending on the assignments I need to make. The rings are hung at the bottom of the clipboard under their name, but when they are doing chores, they can carry the rings with them, so they do not forget any jobs. The nice thing about this system is that it is really easy to add to it when necessary.




All together
Photobucket
And finally, a layout showing my kids and some of the chores they do and what I hope will be the results of all these efforts. The title is from a song we sing at church with the primary children. The journaling is on a hidden tag (just because there wasn't enough room for it out in the open, LOL)


Thanks for looking (you can click on the images for a better view of the projects). I hope it is understandable....I really tried to grasp the idea that Leah gave us.

4 comments:

jothescrapaddict said...

I am just floored with your biggie challenge projects-- gosh you work so fast and so well -- the colors are just my cup of tea.. and how nice to know you can train kids to do the house chores - you should teach me a thing or two to train my boys ..

good luck
jo

Camilla Ekman said...

You are such a talented scrapper. I really love your colours choices. The layouts are so balanced and lovely.

Stacie said...

Okay Christi I want one of those and I am willing to pay top dollar. I could really use one of those around here I'm not kidding so email me with details love ya!

Diana M said...

Christi, I believe your scrappy mojo is back. That clipboard is fantastic. I can't wait to get home and look at it all up close. I love that 2 page layout also. The kids are so busy helping their Mommy...Great work all around...