Thursday, April 9, 2009

Sadie and Mom go to the Stuffington Bear Factory

Yesterday was Sadie's last Kindergarten field trip. They were going to the Stuffington Bear Factory. Sadie REALLY wanted me to come on the field trip, so I arranged my schedule so I could (although I did have to work the night before, so by the end of the field trip...I'd been up for 24 hours, and I had worked over 12 of them----->pardon my YAWN). We learned all about the origin of the teddy bear, how the first bears were made and what they were stuffed with. Then we toured the factory and got to see the whole process. After that, each child and parent chaparone got to make a bear! So fun!! Sadie's bear is Pink, and she named her "BubbleGum".....my bear is brown, and I named her "ButterScotch".



At the end of the day, I was a little sad knowing that this will be the LAST Kindergarten field trip I go on!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

looks like a lot of fun! I hope you got rested up from your LONG day!

Jana said...

Cute bear! I haven't been on any field trips with my kids, and I don't even have to work! You are super mom!