Thursday, February 5, 2009

More than just a little trim....

It was bound to happen sooner or later.....Sadie's hair has always been long and all one length, she basically started growing it out when she was 8 months old . She has always enjoyed it (and so have I)....until recently. Shortly after she started kindergarten, she started telling me she wanted it cut "to her shoulders", and asking for a haircut. I tried to discourage it, but then one day a couple of weeks ago she took it upon herself and cut herself some bangs!! It was not as bad as it could have been....she really didnt cut that much, it was just a bit short. So after thinking on it for a bit I decided to let her have her haircut....it is just hair after all. SO yesterday was the day, and she LOVES it. She swings her head and flips her hair and cannot stop looking in the mirror and smiling. It is, of course, absolutely DARLING (we are still talkng about SADIE, lol)....but it will take some getting used to....(and I want the bangs to grow out just a bit). :o)
BEFORE:
AFTER:

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW!! She looks great. I can't get over how thick it looks. From the back it looks like Paige. Christi she really looks adorable;)

Rachel said...

it makes her look so grown up! I hate when that happens. I want my kids to stay little forever. I know I am weird. I love how she loves that it is darling! Too cute!

M'Liss said...

Her hair was so long. Did she donate it? Addison donated hers when she wanted her hair short and it made the transition a little easier. Sadie looks so grown up. Her hair is adorable.

Jana said...

I love hair cuts! Boys don't have much of a variety! I really like her hair! Very cute!

Christi in AZ said...

We couldn't quite donate it. I think you need 9 or 10 inches to donate, and we took 7 from her...I couldn't bear to go 2 or 3 inches shorter. Lennie is having a hard enough time with the shortness as it is, LOL!!

Kristine said...

It is SOOO cute! I meant to say something yesterday but I was a little drugged and out of it so sorry. Its just adorable!

Double D Crew said...

She looks sooo grown up. Like my hubby told me it will grow back. She is such a pretty girl.